History and Prehistory of the Lubbock Lake Site

$10.00

1 in stock

Description

Editor: Black, Craig C. (1932-1998)

Publisher: West Texas Museum Association, Texas Tech University

Pub Date: 1974

Binding: Paperback

Condition: Fair.  Ex-library.  Binding tight.  No tears.  Library label on lower front cover corner at spine foot.  Library stamp on all three text blocks.  Library labels and stamp (Withdrawn) on inside rear cover, and stamp on inside front cover.  A second previous owner’s name in red ink on upper front cover edge.   Page 37 had been folded twice, but now “straightened’.  One pen correction on page 7.  Partial title and author’s name handwritten on spine.  Some smudging to bottom text block.

Notes: The Museum Journal XV.   Conference papers.  Until 1930, Lubbock Lake was an actual lake, fed by a permanent underground spring.  As the population increased and more wells were dug, the underground spring stopped flowing and Lubbock Lake dried up.  Geologically, the site has a distant relationship to Blackwater Draw, the Clovis site.  The site, now within the boundaries of the city of Lubbock, TX, shows evidence of human occupation over a period of approximately 12,000 years.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

You may also like…